bernicela

Need advice/assistance with a problem "wall" in the kitchen

Bernice
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We are in the planning phase for a kitchen remodel & looking to remove the wall seperating the kitchen from the dining room/living room area, essentially making the kitchen/dining/living room area into an open floor space.

Below is the existing kitchen layout with the wall that we're planning to remove highlighted in yellow:

Here's a picture of the proposed kitchen and the problem "wall" highlighted in yellow:

We are thinking of removing the door that is leading to the hallway area - but this means, we'll see a plain wall while the rest of the room is an open floor concept. Even if the door remains, we'll see a plain wall whenever the door is closed.

One solution is to have custom cabinets done for the problem "wall" = build a shallow cabinet that is connected with the other kitchen cabinets & facing the dining/living room area (see picture below). He quoted me $900 (Cherry with natural stain & simple shaker style) to get this done. Would you have any other suggestions/solutions on how to finish this?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Comments (9)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.