webuser_768113295

“build start” building regs advice!

Steve Goulter
10 months ago

We are doing an extension (basically a 80% rebuild) in conservation and special policy area. This means we even had to put the gas box on our planning application!

We got planning approved and registered for building regs before the 15th June 2022 so we could be on the old reg, not the new.

We have just had an email from the guiding reg company who have still not visited this yet to approve the test hole saying “there was a change to the Building regulations on 15th June 2022 and a transitional timer period until the 15th June 2023 was imposed for works that commenced within that period but were registered before the 15th June 2022.” They want to know if we have started the build.

What defines the start of the build?

We messaged a while back saying we had moved the gas lines, demolished the asbestos garage and outside toilet and tried to do as much as we can. No one has advised us on what is defined as the “start of the build”

Can anyone help?

Comments (6)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.