matteosmom

Need help with decisions !

matteosmom
9 years ago
Would love to lighten up the kitchen, without painting the cabinets. Wanting/willing to change the countertops, backsplash, wall color, pendants, and cabinet pulls. Island is a Boos Block top with gray stained base. Also can change the base color of the island. Would live to downplay the orange ness of the cabinets also. Included a pic of the floor tile also. HELP!!

Comments (109)

• leasaj
    9 years ago
    Wow, I think your home and kitchen are beautiful as is. Seriously, I wouldn't change anything!
  • luciechimo
    9 years ago
    Wood and stainless steel don't mix well. Get rid of stainless steel appliances, stick with white. A brown slate colour for the floor would give life to your wooden cabinets
  • Related Discussions

Need help for my living room. My living room ha

Q

Comments (5)
    Loft beds can be a great way to save space- definitely search loft- beds in the photo stream for some great ideas- there are many! including this cute and fun one!
    ...See More

Need help with windows and doors

Q

Comments (1)
    If you're worried about wood shrinking, you can ask the builder what kind of wood he would recommend for minimal shrinking.
    ...See More

Need help designing my corridor

Q

Comments (9)
    Hi razis_wwf13, here are two articles on Houzz to get you started with. Although they are international, some ideas are applicable to the HDB context. My favourite is to use the corridor as an artwork gallery with some proper lighting :) [10 Clever Tips to Better Use Corridors[(https://www.houzz.com.sg/magazine/10-clever-tips-to-better-use-corridors-stsetivw-vs~77897314) [Create a Welcoming Hallway When you Don't Have one[(https://www.houzz.com.sg/magazine/create-a-welcoming-hallway-when-you-dont-have-one-stsetivw-vs~81092193)
    ...See More

Need help for Kitchen design

Q

Comments (7)
    HI Phy F, you have a beautiful designed home. I am almost inclined to advice a full height glass as it will also help with cutting out a little noise from the kitchen. However, i love the look of your open concept kitchen home and i probably would not close it in with any glass partition. You could place a temporary dish drainer on the side when required and put it away when done. Not convinced that you would require a glass partition. Enjoy your home.
    ...See More
  • allyhg
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    I have literally - the EXACT SAME KITCHEN - right down to the tile backsplash.! And when we bought this house it was green also. I got a cream colored drum shade chandelier and painted the walls linen white in eggshell, and the trim linen white in semi gloss. It's beautiful now! Let me know if you want me to send pics. I don't have any handy but will take one if you want to see it. And keep the stainless appliances. Your cabinets are warm, and using a warm white like BM linen white will soften the orange. And paint that white trim the same creamy linen white but a higher gloss. Also - I might consider new bar stools. Cream maybe. The black iron looks a little harsh (or maybe it's just the pictures). Also that little red rug is too small. Buy a runner and have it go the whole length of those cabinets. Choose a softer color. Wood and cream is pretty and will blend well with your floors too. Incidentally, I have an open family room and kitchen. I just painted my family room the same color and it blends so much better now. Your cabinet pulls are fine too. Get different pendants. Also very heavy (like the iron chairs) -- pick something softer. Like this: http://www.shadesoflight.com/reproduction-insulator-glass_pendant.html
    matteosmom thanked allyhg
  • Ruth Felice
    9 years ago
    change the backsplash and knob,I would do a coordinating tone to the countertop.what is your style?I would go with the orange tone in the countertop with browns,beiges and black,dark greys it will take away from the orange tones of the cabinets,mustard tones on the wall not necessarily dark will also take away the orange tones.stay on the warm side of the color wheel I would do wrought iron or bronze tones for the knobs.I would change the island top to a more streamlined top even the same as present countertop on rest of kitchen.the grey is heavy I would lighten the base
  • tammythiesse
    9 years ago
    First of all, if your kitchen is 8 years old, I would say you did a wonderful job. I still think that it looks good. As I said, my first impression of your photo was a positive one. It is natural, as your kitchen ages, that your tastes change a bit. Rooms need to be updated about every ten years or so...on average. Be careful not to let current "trends" influence you too much. The trends will come and go... Choose things that you like, not what everybody else likes. It looks like your house has great "bones", so that means that you have a head start. Look into your options, and what those options would cost. That will most likely tell you where to put your money. We built a house quite a few years back... and as soon as we moved in, many of the finishes were declared "out of style". (Even though they were considered "in style" at the time that we picked them out.) I learned my lesson from that, and try very hard to pick out things that I like, and not what is supposedly "in style". I try to go for quality, durability, and classic designs. We are actually building a custom house right now, and I WILL NOT be posting any pictures here on houzz. I don't have thick enough skin to tolerate some of the comments. I find many of the comments to be less than helpful.
  • PRO
    Stamps Design Services
    9 years ago
    Try painting the walls a color similar to the backsplash or the floor; live with that for a month and see what you think then. Sometimes a small change can make a world of difference. :-)
  • Ms-sis
    9 years ago
    I just browsed through houzz pics of orange toned cabinets and noticed several charming examples of traditional designs that incorporated the cabinet color. They included a soapstone counter and matte white subway backsplash, and black hardware that had a vintage vibe. The paint color was Benjamin Moore--a buff tone, maybe Pitt-something Buff. And a schoolhouse light over the sink. I didn't care for the floor but the cabinets looked beautifully calmed down. Another pic featured a honed black granite that also just calmed down the orange tint.

Oh can anyone please tell me how to attach a pic from Houzz to a comment? So much easier to show the exact pic.

I thought it looked fresh, warm and inviting. Maybe it would be better to embrace the warmth than trying to counteract it.
  • matteosmom
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    hzjpmp- I would love to see a pic of the kitchen you are referring to. I too have browsed through the Houzz photos and thats where I got the inspiration to change up the look of my cabinets with different counters and backsplash. (That's why I'm on this website!).
    tammythiesse-Ha! Thanks for your encouragement! Sad that you feel you can't post pics on this website. This is a brilliant forum to do so. But I do understand! #iguessimthickskinned!! (or trying to be!)
  • mossergirl
    9 years ago
    I would get rid of the green walls. It gives the room a heavy dated look. Add a new whitish back splash and get rid of the hanging heavy lighted kitchen pendants
    matteosmom thanked mossergirl
  • Ms-sis
    9 years ago
    http://houzz.com/photos/690772

I'm trying to add a link to the afore mentioned soapstone counters ans buff walls photo. Hopefully this works.
    matteosmom thanked Ms-sis
  • PRO
    Rebecca Mitchell Interiors
    9 years ago
    This is rather odd - I was just posting a before and after of a kitchen condo project we did a couple of years ago and it is uncannily like your kitchen! Maybe some of these after photos will inspire and reassure you. We simply added a metallic backsplash and changed the hardware and the kitchen now looks great. Last photo is the "before". Good luck from Montreal!
    matteosmom thanked Rebecca Mitchell Interiors
  • Ms-sis
    9 years ago
    Also in a bit of a modern update, this photo pairs similar cabinets with honed absolute black, fresh hardware, a marbled gray backsplash, and pops of bold blue accessories for a charming effect.
    http://houzz.com/photos/57949
    matteosmom thanked Ms-sis
  • matteosmom
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Rebecca Mitchell - Did you use a gray color paint in that kitchen? Thanks for your input!
  • matteosmom
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    hzjpmp- I definitely like the marbled subway tile/white subway tile. I think that would go with the style of cabinets that I have .
  • Ms-sis
    9 years ago
    Here is another example with light backsplash, light walls, dark counters.

http://houzz.com/photos/696454
  • PRO
    Ambiance
    9 years ago
    The green is actually accentuating the orange. Neutral, light and bright wall color would make an amazing difference. I'd Lod that before going to the expense of replacing countertop. Good luck!
  • PRO
    Kathryn Peltier Design
    9 years ago
    One more thought: I know you're replacing the backsplash, but I just wanted to add that it, too, has an orangey tint to it also. As so many have said, try changing the paint color. But, also go and buy some white subway tiles (you can get some at Home Depot for about 22 cents a piece) and tape a few up after you paint to get a better effect. If you don't want to do that, then paint a board to go over an area of backsplash - or just paint the tile itself, since you'll be ripping it out. My point being: just painting the wall won't give you the full effect if you're still seeing the existing tile.. You might find, as Ambiance says, that your countertops are OK with just a paint and backsplash change,
    matteosmom thanked Kathryn Peltier Design
  • matteosmom
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thanks Kathryn Peltier Design- the counters are giallo fiorito so they have the same orange in it with the black specks . So I am willing to change the counters too. But I'm sure with paint and a new backsplash things would change also. It's the orange tone that is driving me crazy!!
  • PRO
    Kathryn Peltier Design
    9 years ago
    Well, if it's the cabinet color that is really the issue, then I think you need to step back and really decide what you want to do. Changing the paint, tile, counter, etc. will MITIGATE the orange tone, but obviously won't get rid of it. Maybe you really need to consider painting the cabinets then. If you decide to go ahead with that, go to a reputable paint store in your area and ask for references for someone who has done this kind of work. Talk to each candidate at length about how they will go about doing this, what product they recommend, etc. A well-done and correctly-done painted finish can last for years.
  • matteosmom
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Kathryn Peltier Design- it's just a matter of what amount of that orange color I can live with. I would love to do it all over but that isn't financially practical. Technically I wouldn't of picked out the counters I have if I had gone with white cabinets in the beginning. So I am willing to settle on some things!! I just felt with a lot of white counters and white backsplash it would give me the look of a new kitchen.
  • lindajean49
    9 years ago
    You gave gotten a ton of ideas. mine is dull in comparison. first, i dislike cabinets color. i'd whitewash/greywash them or paint them black. funny how much of what you have now will fall into place with black cabinets...........................
  • lindajean49
    9 years ago
    and it is easier than you think.....
  • PRO
    Kathryn Peltier Design
    9 years ago
    Then I think that's what you should do: new counters, new backsplash and paint. You can ALWAYS paint the cabinets at a future date, but you may find that it looks great with those changes!
    matteosmom thanked Kathryn Peltier Design
  • PRO
    User
    9 years ago
    Paint can work magic...
  • PRO
    User
    9 years ago
    Still working on this house...The golden onyx pendant lights are being switched with round simple crystal balls
  • allyhg
    9 years ago
    Let me add something -- undertones are the most important thing when choosing paint, tile, cabinets, etc. Your cabinets are warm. You must pick a paint color with a warm undertone. SO NOT WHITE. For all the people telling you white subway tile or white anything, all that will do is make your cabinets scream orange. Try the Linen white eggshell. I decided to stop fighting my cabinet color, and that made a world of difference. I actually bought a kitchen table the same wood color after I had painted the cream color on walls and trim because it was so difficult finding something to go in this room with the orangey wood. In the end, there is nothing in that room that isn't cream and the orangey wood. Weirdly, the room is less orange to me now since it's just the cream and orangey-toned wood, and the cream linen drum chandelier. Simple, elegant and the wood recedes in a way. I left the tile alone too and don't really notice it one way or another now. None of it is what I would have chosen if I was designing it myself, but I figured out how to make it work and now love it. Good luck! Here's the kitchen table I have. http://www.arhaus.com/furniture/dining-room-furniture/dining-tables/tao-walnut-dining-table/
  • allyhg
    9 years ago
    On last point: If you decide to paint cabinets, I agree with the "Design House" poster above me -- go white! Classic kitchen and will never date. (My husband wouldn't let me paint the "beautiful cherry cabinets.")
  • allyhg
    9 years ago
    My final comment: my idea is cheapest! Try painting walls in both rooms BM Linen White first (in eggshell or semi). Then a few pendants. Boom. You're done. Minimal cost. BIG difference.
  • matteosmom
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    allyhg- I definitely will paint the walls first. This will be the third time in eight years. I originally ( before the green walls) had white paint with a yellow undertone. Of course that was fine 8 years ago. Then I went green and now want to change again. ( obviously my personality is showing!) I'm trying to get away from that "Tuscan " look. I do know that all the typical colors that go with this type of cabinet and counters evoke that look. But some of the inspiration photos that I have seen with cabinets in my wood tone have changed it up a bit with lighter counters and tile. The white counters and tile that I have looked at are more of an off white. Although I have sections of counter space that are three to four feet wide. The counter with the bar stools is nine feet long. I imagine if they were white ( off white ), that would lighten up the kitchen quite a bit. Most paint professionals tell me "not" to paint my cabinets. Which, when I asked them , disappointed me greatly. Because that was what I originally wanted to do. With that said it led me to look for other alternatives for a different look I was trying to achieve. Whew! That's why in the beginning post I was looking for inspiration for counters and tile.
  • Liz85207 Liz
    9 years ago
    I recommend you write down what you like, not what is in style, trend, etc. Classic design never goes out of style. Then you won't be repainting and ripping out expensive items too often, chasing the latest trends which may or may not look good in the overall design.

Your room (and entire house) needs to be physically in balance, which it is not, and have color harmony that does not pop out colors that you do not like. Keep in mind the room that you are remodeling is BOTH your family room and kitchen, and how it flows with your house. For example, if your entire home is Tuscan design and you are not changing the entire home, I do not recommend switching to a very contemporary room such as subway tiles and stark white walls, nor corian countertops less you are remodeling the entire house. The house needs to flow.

Browse Houzz and pick out some "dream kitchens" and then write down the specific items in each that you love. You probably will start to see a trend in what you select that is classic warm white, real woods that create a very warm tone, a lighter version of Tuscan, very stark and contemporary, cozy and comfortable, etc

Write down your keepers. For example, I personally would not change those appliances. They are classic high end items for any kitchen of any style.

Look at the entire room balance. Physical balance. If you are heavy in one area, the opposite area needs to be heavy.

Write down all of the items in your entire room (cabinets, countertops, etc) and then write down those that are not going anywhere. For me this would be the expensive items, such as cabinets, that cooktop, fireplace.

I would not rip out the cabinets. If you do not like the very warm tones of the wood, nor like the overall effect, I would suggest modifying the cabinets. For example, you can rip out the crown molding, add another cabinet to the top, have someone cut out the middle and add glass, add similar built ins to the back wall or opposite wall where your fireplace is for counterbalance of the entire room. Then resurface.

My neighbor had all of her cabinets resurfaced by a Pro. You can have them stained darker, colored lighter, and or glazed. It is very cost effective and if done correctly appears as high end custom cabinets right out of a custom cabinet makers shop at a fraction of the cost of new, and without the hassle of tearing out your cabinets.

The granite countertops are expensive. I would try to keep this element as it is a natural stone which never goes out of style. Your floors however, would look better in natural travertine (not tile), or wood.

Remove the heavy, Tuscan items, such as the wrought iron items (lighting, stools) and replace with something softer and this is a decision that comes in rather last than first, or paint them a nice cream or white or metal and add some light cushions.

Add the right paint to pull it all together.

You can have a nice warm "light tuscan" overall balanced room with certain changes and without ripping out cabinets, expensive elements such as granite, etc.

All done on paper with the assistance of a designer once you have your style and ideas in mind. I have always used a designer, as I cannot pull things together, and a slight wrong shade of paint can make a room look totally wrong. You will know if it is the wrong person, if they want to start from scratch and do not listen rather try to sell (salespersons in disguise). You will know if it is the right person, if they understand where you want to go, look over the entire room, entire house, and try to minimize costs and rip outs and rip ups.

You can have an amazing transformation, without spending $100K, more like $20K or less by keeping the expensive elements, adding in physical elements to balance the room and create harmony, changing the paint, changing lighting fixtures, color of or bar stools, and ensuring the entire room and home flow nicely.

I doubt you will get much further with this project and not totally confused, by asking people "how to fix", as we all have our own taste and have no knowledge of your entire home design, local resources, ability to get quotes for items such as added cabinets or resurfacing cabinets, changing floors --- and then deciding which makes the most sense from a practical (less hassle) and cost perspective
  • Liz85207 Liz
    9 years ago
    Hi, here are a few links about kitchens and their design elements that you may find helpful in your remodeling project.

I would suggest, selecting a basic style of kitchen that you like, and that will flow with your home. For example if your home is traditional, I would not suggest a contemporary kitchen.

Your cabinets are traditional in style, so perhaps keep with a traditional style kitchen, and soften it up a bit, blending colors while choosing a few design elements to "pop".

I do not know your taste, but if I wanted to keep the natural wood, I would have a cabinet maker extend a few cabinets upward, remove the crown, remove the panels and add some soft glass, then have the entire kitchen cabinets resurfaced in a color tone you are happy with which does not mean it must be white, a nice softer brown glaze would look great with your brown granite.

Then soften it with a soft stainless drum lighting in place of the tuscan pendant lighting, wooden bar stools (or paint the ones you have a brown or color you like), and then look at paint to tie the entire place together. You can also look at the backsplash which I rather like; flooring in natural store similar to your backsplash.

You can always get creative with the backsplash, as that is rather easy to change as trends change, but you do not want to change out your expensive items like cabinets, flooring, countertops, appliances often unless you have a boat load of money and another home to live in while your home is under construction.

Pull the entire theme into the family room, and try to get that back wall that holds the fireplace, looking as weighty and heavy as the kitchen area either via paint color (one dark wall to match the blended kitchen color, or by adding more cabinets or bookshelves in that area)

Hopefully this will help you get off to a good start

How exciting.

I have included a few links to designs of kitchens (themes); you really need a theme to get started, one that goes with your home.

STYLES OF KITCHENS:

http://welcome.homeadvisor.com/choosing_cabinets_and_countertops

KNOBS AND PULLS / HARDWARE (applies to any metal / appliance)
    http://www.homeadvisor.com/article.show.Cabinet-Hardware-The-Look-is-in-the-Details.13677.html

COUNTERTOPS:

http://www.homeadvisor.com/article.show.Countertop-Options.8801.html

CABINET RESURFACING
    http://www.homeadvisor.com/article.show.Repainted-Cabinets-A-Smart-Kitchen-Update.8593.html?link_id=9207
  • doctornancy
    9 years ago
    Hi, Mateosmom, I ordinarily don't make suggestions based on what a person DOESN'T want, but I thought perhaps an image of your cabinets in white would help you see your kitchen in a different light.
  • Liz85207 Liz
    9 years ago
    doctornancy: Wow. You are GR8. Can you blend out that paint to match like a very soft linen color. That will give her an idea of what the transformation can look like blending cabinets to wall color, with emphasis on the expensive appliances, hardware, granite.
  • matteosmom
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    doctornancy- all I can say is I gasped when I saw this picture! I want to cry! It looks sooooo good. My heart is pounding fast.
  • doctornancy
    9 years ago
    Matteosmom - May it make your decisions easier! To liz - can't do the "linen" thing you're wanting to see. There are limits to my photoshop skills.
    matteosmom thanked doctornancy
  • ackcx3
    9 years ago
    Matteosmom, I'm sorry that I didn't respond sooner to your questions-- I've been traveling this week. I hope this isn't too late.

Don't you *love* what doctornancy did?!? I love my white cabinets so much that it makes me proseletyze-- c'mon, everybody! Let's ALL paint our cabinets!

Seriously-- to answer your questions... We had cherry cabinets that were beautiful. But I didn't like them. It made my kitchen feel like a cave, even with a good bit of natural light. My husband didn't hesitate-- we had a good reference on a pro who did a *superb* job. He turned this place into a crime lab and wouldn't let us in (I loved this guy!). The color is still beautiful after about 14 months and I love it. Honestly, I can't think of any negatives.

Whatever you do, please show us your "after" results! We're rooting for you. :)
    matteosmom thanked ackcx3
  • matteosmom
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    doctornancy-ackcx3- After seeing the photoshopped picture with the white cabinets of course it looks sooooo different. But here is my question. ( Prob should start another design dilemma!) Staying with the same granite (I can change get the backsplash changed) wouldn't you suggest off white, cream cabinets instead of white? Even with a glaze on it? Also , wondering if a glaze would hide or magnify imperfections in the paint? If i do go the paint route, would only there uppers look good white?
  • matteosmom
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    This was the original inspiration picture, that made me want to change my kitchen!
  • doctornancy
    9 years ago
    With your open floor plan, there is already a lot for the eye to take in, so I would consider doing all the cabinets the same instead of introducing two different cabinet colors. Regarding the finish, white will give you the crispest, cleanest look. I believe "cottage" is the word used for the slightly weathered look. I think it would be absolutely charming in your home - in white. I am not a fan of cream. It can be really dicey - the undertones can be a decorator challenge. I don't know much about resurfacing cabinets, but I would guess that a high quality finisher would not have to use a glaze to hide imperfections. Good luck to you!

If you have decided to keep your granite and tile and want to refinish the cabinets, your thought to start a new thread is a good one. You'll get lots of Houzzers giving you - CONFLICTING - opinions. Obviously, design is subjective.
    matteosmom thanked doctornancy
  • Liz85207 Liz
    9 years ago
    matteomom: I am in the process of doing a whole house what I call a very light tuscany with very dark wood, and just have been to cabinet showroom after showroom. It becomes very confusing unless you go really look, touch, and see the kitchen cabinets in flat color, distressed and or glazed. You do not need to tell them that you are going to resurface your perfectly good cabinets and or reuse granite (that is not purchase anything from them). Design is all a cost trade off. I would suggest going out and getting the real feel of what a white or off white cabinet glazed or unglazed looks like. I love the glazed look, and it ties everything together however, others do not. I agree with doctornancy. This chat room has given many conflicting opinions. It is time for you to write down your kitchen elements, put down a budget, and go out and look at what is available to you.
  • yvn1511
    9 years ago
    You can try tile paint in a white and a cream and see which appeals to YOU more in the different light of the different times of day. Easy to remove and infinitely cheaper than a remodel that turns out to be a pink elephant.
  • matteosmom
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Here's what just changing out light bulbs did to the color of the cabinets!
  • PRO
    Kathryn Peltier Design
    9 years ago
    Looks like a different room! Now you don't have to do anything else :-)
  • matteosmom
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Kathryn, I'm definitely taking my time with decisions. Since the lighting changed the cabinets, it's not my main focus anymore! Still looking to change countertops, backsplash wall color and decor. Might even take down some upper cabinets and put up shelves. Change stove hood to stainless. Put some glass in cabinet fronts (some of these ideas maybe not all). I will still b updating so your suggestions are still helpful. One area of the process I have decided on, is the color scheme. I've decided on a sea glass ,gray and white theme. With a nod to coastal. Lots of texture like jute. So I am thinking wood tone cabinets and my tile floor will blend in without breaking the bank. Paint colors are always helpful! Thinking Revere pewter (BM). What do u think?
  • PRO
    Kathryn Peltier Design
    9 years ago
    Yes, definitely take your time. Look what taking your time did for you with the lighting! You have taught me a lesson, too: next time I have a client wanting to change something, I am going to look at their lighting. While I KNOW lighting changes color, yours is a particularly dramatic example!

If gray and white is the way you want to go, I would just say to be VERY careful when selecting finishes so that they DO go with your floors. The floor, while neutral, is still a significant player in the room. I also notice that you have warm colors in your furniture. How about going with a sea glass and sand (wet sand, with a bit more gray :-D ) color? That would lighten it up and bring the color you want into the room while still working with your existing furnishings/finishes. That can be a very sophisticated color scheme, too (think the jute color you mentioned!)

I do think that your current hood is a very heavy look. Maybe you could replace it with a st.st. hood, as you mentioned, and then replace the cabinets on either side with open shelves. That would be a fairly simple way to achieve your goal. I also think that by using a chimney-style hood - so that it goes all the way to the ceiling (and also covers the bump in the wall, which I assume is your current ventilation??? - it would accentuate the height of the room and lift it visually.

Of course, it will depend upon your countertop selection, but I would stick with a white/cream backsplash.
  • PRO
    Kathryn Peltier Design
    9 years ago
    If you were to go with the sea glass/sand scheme, I wonder if you would be happy with your countertops? Just a thought!
  • matteosmom
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Kathryn- I will be changing all the furnishings and decor in kitchen and surrounding rooms. Nothing is staying. Except floor! So that in itself will b drastic. But my "dilemma" has always been to incorporate the kitchen with the look I am changing too. The couch will b gray w cream accent chairs w some type of pattern. Neutral. Then pops of sea glass and shades of turquoise . Maybe a nod to coral too! So with all that in mind, incorporating the kitchen to fit that look, is what my goal is. I have thought of shelves on either side of a stainless hood. Plus those cabinets are the shorter ones! The only thing is that either side is a different width. You can hardly notice it until I mention it. So with this major overhaul I am pretty confident that I can achieve a totally different vibe, with still keeping the structure of the kitchen and most of the expensive pieces.
  • sharongola
    9 years ago
    To tone down orange go for darker backsplash in taupe

It will really pop since everything else is light
  • Nat Lee
    8 years ago

Here is a different way - go for a tuscan style with burgundy walls. http://www.iseecubed.com/wp-content/uploads/fancy-italian-deluxe-kitchen.jpg

• Nat Lee
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

You may like this color - Requisite Grey by Sherman Williams

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.