The thing to remember is that you really don’t need much room in a living room. A living room is for socialising, for or for watching TV. Mostly, it is for conversation. You do not need space to do yoga in the living room. In fact, as long as you can walk around the coffee table, you’re fine.
You can pack a lot of style into 10 square metres. But whether you lean toward traditional or like to go boho eclectic, making a small living room work is all about choosing a focus and arranging the right furniture in the right configuration.
Here are 10 well-done gems in as many different styles.
1. The classic combo: a sofa, two chairs and a coffee table. That’s really all you need to create a cozy and intentional conversation area. And as long as people aren’t bumping their knees when they sit down, you’re fine.
2. This is a time-honoured arrangement: a sofa and two chairs at a 90-degree angle with a side table serving both. A large upholstered ottoman does triple duty as a coffee table, extra seating and a footrest.
3. If your space is two rooms in one, make sure they are connected by decor, colour and style. Here, there is no break between the living area and the small dining area
4. The colours, materials and modern eclectic style are carried through this open space, but each small section is focused and defined by area rugs and furniture placement.
5. Use a sofa as a dividing wall. And put it as close to the focal point as possible without everything’s looking squished.
6. Go miniature. There is no reason a love seat can’t be the main sofa. This space is formal and cosy at the same time.
7. You can go very formal and traditional in a small space. The glass coffee table, mirror and light colours make this room seem bigger than it is.
8. An open-backed chaise like this one creates a sense of space and openness but keeps things close and intimate.
9. A built-in sofa is a major space saver.
10. Two small side tables (or nightstands) make a good coffee table and are easily rearranged depending on the need.TELL US
Which furniture arrangement works best for you? Share in the Comments below.MORERead more small spaces stories