kellyhilde

Our Kitchen Remodel before and after -1962 kitchen

Kelly Aldrich Hildebrand
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
Our house was built in 1962 and has a very odd layout. It is a "tri-level" but technically a quad level because you go into the basement through the garage. We have survived in the house for 10 years with the original 1962 kitchen. The only things not original- refrigerator & faucet. The layout was hortible. There was about a 16 inch gap to get into the kitchen from the dining area. The built oven fit one turkey at thanksgiving time.

We finally decided to bite the bullet and do a remodel after considering some other minor options such as new counter top, backsplash and flooring. We replaced everything in the kitchen except for the refrigerator. While I originally wanted to keep the natural wood look our contractor and my husband talked me into painted cabinets.

We didnt do anything over the top auch as granite countertops or stainless steel appliances. First those wouldnt work with the rest if the house and second, it wouldnt work with our budget. Our final cost came in at just under $10,000.

Comments (33)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.