champagne4lulu

Help me pick colours/theme for my living rooms!?

champagne4lulu
11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
Hi, we recently purchased a house and I'm struggling to design our combined living/dining room. It is next to the kitchen and on the other side is family/tv room so you walk through the middle to get to kitchen or tv room. I'm unsure what colour to paint the walls? I was thinking a soft Gray or light taupe? Will that make it too dark? Or should I leave it white? Wallpaper? I'd like a little sitting room with two small chairs and a small side table so as not to interrupt the flow. A rug undernearth? Not sure of style but I am drawn to modern/contemporary. I have kids and although im drawn to white colours, I'm not sure it's a good idea! Dining table I like the idea of white as it will contrast nicely against the parquetry floors.

I'd really like your advice on colours/styles/themes. If you click on my username/idea book you'll see the kind of style I like.

1st pic is the empty space where sitting area would be. There's a door leading outside to the right and a hallway to bedrooms on left.
2nd pic is the same living/dining space furnished, outlook from kitchen. 3rd pic is kitchen view, 4th pic is area furnished, perspective from sitting area. Note: furniture is previous owners. We will be buying new to suit!

Any advice welcomed! :)

Comments (10)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.