mizzrizz

Need feedback for kitchen design

Debbie Rizzetto
9 years ago
Hello - I'm getting ready have my original 1949 kitchen remodeled and and trying to decide between 2 floor plans, so would like some Houzzer feedback.

Option 1 leverages the existing placement of the appliances and would be the cheaper of options. However, I would need to add a pantry unit in the breakfast area to make up for the storage I'd lose by adding a dishwasher. I'm not crazy about having a "z" cabinet to the left of the stove, but in order to maintain enough clearance at that entry way I'm unable to put a standard shape/size cabinet. This option also leaves some dead space left of stove.

Option 2 is the best use of the space allowing me to add a lot more surface space on both sides of the kitchen and I would not need the expensive pantry unit in the b-nook. This option requires one of the doorways to move toward the center of wall so that I have more of a galley kitchen. My concern with this configuration is the position of the fridge being right at one of the entry ways. Has anyone done this with success? Seems terribly awkward to have the fridge right at an entrance.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Comments (15)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.