eliotkoey

Just Because: Three photos that have inspired me this weekend

Eliot Koey
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
Just thought I'd share these three pictures which I found inspiring and I want for my own home:

The first was taken in the Elizabeth Bay House. I just love the colour of the wall, which goes so well with the elegance of the wooden cabinet. Some antiques on top of the cabinet completes the picture.

The second is a well-preserved, late 1800s arts-and-crafts era house that is just pleasant in its simplicity and well-kempt-ness. These houses can be found in many suburbs in Sydney, especially in the Mosman, NSW area. ("To be simple is the end, not the beginning of design." — Charles Voysey)

The third is the front porch of a house in the Newtown area, which makes use of eclectic art-nouveau era, antique lead-fired tiles in between the steps. These tiles are no longer produced, are very radiant and colourful when seen up close. They have also been used as splash tiles. Most of these were made in England or Belgium, but Japan was also a big producer of these in the late 19th- early 20th century as well.

Hope everyone's having an awesome weekend!

Comment

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.