claudia_luna57

Living room accessories: wall art, rug and cushions

Claudia
8 years ago

Hi, I've posted some time ago asking for advice on my living room. Since then, I've painted the walls on a warm grey trying to bring together the wood (floor and furniture) and the black of the piano; and I decluttered the place. The room is divided into 2 sections, a seating area with tv and a piano area. I can't change the furniture, so that has to stay. The plan is to replace the sofas hopefully by next year.

This time, I'm hoping you could advise on the following points, please note my budget is very limited!:

- What could I put on the long wall, the space above the 2 chairs? I've already got a canvas on the other half (above the sofa). Also, the canvas above the piano was only a temp solution, I don't think it really goes well with the rest of the room.

- Rugs: I've got a shaggy plain lime-green in the tv area

under the coffee table, but wonder if it'd be better to have a larger one in there? Also, I need a rug for the piano area, but I'm not sure if it should be the same or could I go for something different? I attached a few ideas

- Curtains: these were quite expensive so it'll be pain to replace them. But if I could, what could you recommend, plain green, stripes or patterned?

Thank you!

Comments (11)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.