claire_rossbach

Planning a tv wall

Claire Rossbach
7 years ago
We are building a new house. These pictures are from the model home and other marketing material. We will not have a fireplace but our tv will go on that wall. That far wall is the first thing you see when you walk in the front door.

I am thinking of using a floating cabinet a few inches above the floor with the tv mounted above at eye level and a sound bar in between. Our ceiling will be vaulted. It is 9' at this wall then goes up from there.

I do not like the idea of the tv being the focal point when you walk into the house and I'm not even sure if it will be high enough to be seen. But then there is this big blank wall! Would it be ok, design wise, to mount a painting above the tv perhaps with a mantel or shelf between the two? I have not seen any pictures of a wall like that.

Comments (4)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.