ashleymobes

Vintage blue tile in bathroom...what color to paint walls?!

Ashley Mobley
7 years ago
I'm at a total loss as to what color to paint our bathroom walls. We moved into our house a couple of months ago and the full bath has the vintage blue tiles on the floor, in the shower, and half way up the wall. The wall color is brown!! It's awful.

I don't necessarily want to do white. I really want to use yellow in our home but can't find the right kind of yellow or the appropriate space. Would a yellow with this blue look totally nuts? If not, what kind of yellow?

I was also considering a Seaglass color that we used as an accent color in our room. Just embracing the blue and doing it all in two hues. But we have a similar blue in our front room, hall way, and two bedrooms already. I don't want our house to be all the same.

Any thoughts on colors to complement or just be totally awesome with this blue tile? We're planning to redo the bathroom within 5 years (the sooner, the better), so I'm totally fine with doing something totally offbeat and different for the time being.

Please help!

Comments (109)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.