carrie_patterson44

Need some character adding to new kitchen

Carrie Patterson
7 years ago

Hi, new here so hoping I do this right.

I had a new kitchen fitted a few months back and haven't gotten around to finishing it. The problem is I really dislike it... I totally rushed into it and don't like much at all about it. The cupboards are cream which i dislike and the worktops are black and even though I am very clean and tidy it shows up every tiny crumb. I want a new floor, still need splash back and blind etc. But wanted some advice before rushing out. How can I turn this around and inject some character? I am going to be paying this kitchen off for another 2 years so I need to find a way of loving it.

shall I just invest more money and change the work tops and have a splash back between the cupboards!? What floor would go with cream but also match the table!? Again I didn't think about the table in relation to the kitchen and it's a nice oak one that cost too much to get rid of after 12 months.

The wallpaper is much nicer than the picture makes it appear.

Thanks in advance

Comments (23)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.