persimmon369

Need Help With the Kitchen in a House We Are Soon Buying

persimmon369
11 years ago
I have seen many creative ideas posted on this inspiring Web site, and I would love your help! We are in the process of buying a house that we are excited about and will be moving into soon. The kitchen needs some help. It has newer appliances and even though I like the look of stainless, I don't want to replace the black appliances. We are planning on being in this home for 3 or 4 years, so my goal is to make it look as nice as possible, as economically as possible. With that in mind, I don’t think that means replacing both the cabinets and countertops. My first inclination was to paint the cabinets and have granite countertops installed, but when I asked for the advice of the realtor (for purposes of selling the house in the future), her opinion is that painted cabinets look like a half-way remodel. My questions for you are:
1) Should I paint the cabinets anyway (if so, what color would coordinate with the wood-stained trim in the rest of the house)?
2) If I paint the cabinets, what countertops would be best?
3) If it's better to leave the cabinets as they are, should I replace the countertops or leave the original?
4) What paint color would go nicely with the wood trim in the great room and coordinate with the kitchen?
I will post photos of some other areas of the house so you can get the flavor of it (mountain/rustic). I can't wait to move in and paint the walls and decorate! Thank you for your help!

Comments (106)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.