207lauras

Blending different wood shades

207lauras
6 years ago

Hi Folks! We just bought a rental unit and I cannot wait to get to work on it! The cabinets in the photo are staying (for now!) and I need advice on maybe (a) whitewashing that support beam and (b) what colors I should use for the laminate wood floors we will be installing to tie in all of the different shades :/ Its a beach rental so leaning towards coastal (think white wash, driftwood and light/airy everything). Has anyone had experience whitewashing beams like this? They are a bit more orangey in person and I am assuming its stain? The wood railings going up the stairs are a slightly different color too so any advice there would be very helpful! Basically all DIY as we are trying to keep costs down!!!

Thank You

Comments (2)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.