mairim_wales

Need bathroom shower ideas

Mairim Wales
6 years ago
Hi all,

The main bathroom of our house in pretty inconvenient. It looks nice but it's not functional. The old owners were just that.....older couple, empty-nesters, when they renovated. Her husband was also a contractor so the work was done by him.

Although we have our master bathroom, they made this main bathroom (the one closest to the other bedrooms) a spa bathroom. Though small, it has an awesome skylight and a deep soaker tub.

With the pedestal sink, there wasn't much storage, not really usable for a family bathroom. We took out the mirror and installed a medicine cabinet and added the shelving over the toilet.

The problem is that the tile only goes to halfway up the walls and our inspector told us the wall sconces are not waterproof. So taking a shower in there is not a good idea. We have another bathroom but it's on the other side of the house off the kitchen and family room. That's where guests/family need to go to shower. It's not convenient.

We don't have the money to completely redo the bathroom and overall it's fine. What I want is the ability for people to shower there.

What we need are ideas for waterproof indoor wall sconces? Waterproof wallcovering? I'd rather not have to rip out the tile already there if I can avoid it. I'm not sure I could find the matching tile so if I went tile, would it look weird if a different tile was used? We are looking to do the work ourself.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (18)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.