katekelly10

Need help with window treatments on late 1800s windows

Dwelly LLC
6 years ago

We just moved into a 1865 brick row house with tons of original detail. There's dark stained wood trim throughout the house which I wanted to paint white, however, it's original and I've been advised to keep it. These are the bedroom windows and I was looking for some advice on what kind of window treatments to use. I was thinking of shutters on the bottom half of the window either white or try to match the wood trim. The second option, one long curtain rod that stretches the entire wall with floor to ceiling white/neutral curtains on each end. I'm looking for something that highlights the stained glass but still gives us privacy. Thank you so much for your help! PS - Sorry for the poor lighting in the photo.

Current House · More Info

Comments (6)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.