nuart

White themed bathroom ... How to warm it up?

nuart
7 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi everybody We like white bathrooms.. Would like some suggestions on what colors (floor, wall, countertop) to warm it up just a little so it doesn't look to sterile...

Comments (8)

• 0825sam
    7 years ago
    I always like warming up all white with some wood - whether it's a bathroom or kitchen. Lo and behold the houzz ideabooks which answer all questions have one on just this very subject :)
    Since it's a bathroom I would consider possibly using a wood look tile on the floors. If you do that I think you could get away with doing everything else white (maybe a very light grey on the walls) and still achieve a warm look. You could add a wood mirror or shelves. If you are looking for more of the white look but not completely stark white, you could do floors and counter in marble - calacatta marble in particular will give you some browns and rust tones.
    https://www.houzz.com/magazine/warm-up-a-white-room-with-wood-stsetivw-vs~147389
  • 0825sam
    7 years ago
    Here's another ideabook that may help - note one of the photos suggests adding some wood shelves
    https://www.houzz.com/magazine/13-all-white-bathrooms-with-clean-and-classic-style-stsetivw-vs~9223411
  • Kitchen Bath Trends
    7 years ago
    Adding accessories in the same pops of color is a great way to break up a neutral space and give it life. If you wanted to every season you could change the accessories to go along with the season.

For more information on this topic check out our article "2013 Color Trends for the Bathroom"
    http://www.kitchenbathtrends.com/2013/04/2013-color-trends-for-the-bathroom/

Hope this helps,

Kitchen Bath Trends
    www.kitchenbathtrends.com
  • felixgrantham
    7 years ago
    I really like pale grayish sage with white. Also a cool greenish aqua for a soothing look to the bath. White or gray Corian counter. If it's a low-use bath such as a powder room, white marble would be lovely for the counter. Rug or mat on the floor with a nice pattern to hide spills, dog hair, etc. If you have a window, lovely drapes, custom shade or match-stick blinds would help warm the space.

Finally, if you have a bathtub, a custom shower curtain will really dress up the space and add character/warmth. Look at drapes as well as shower curtains on Houzz to get inspiration. https://www.houzz.com/photos/custom-shower-curtain-phbr0lbl-bl~l_43312

Consider the space across from the toilet & hang a piece of art there if possible.
  • PRO
    EOS Surfaces LLC
    7 years ago
    Maybe consider adding subtle color with a white based countertop. We have a few options that I think can really brighten up a bathroom, while not going overboard! These are our GEOS Recycled Glass Surfaces that are non-porous so they will never stain, etch, scratch, and never requires any sort of sealing or waxing. You don't have to worry about any soap residue staining the countertop! And they are actually an affordable option!
  • Nancy Hehmann
    7 years ago
    I would use some beautiful towels in a bright color you love and then get accessories to match such as photography, vase, soap dispenser etc. I have beautiful blue towels by Peacock Alley in my all white bathroom. They have a sculptured look for more visual interest. An area rug can also help. You might want it washable depending on location or use an indoor outdoor carpet. Photography can be printed on aluminum which makes it water resistant according to the photo lab I use. It is a rigid product to and the colors are enhanced. Various sizes are available. You could choose a picture of somewhere you love or dream to be. Or just ocean waves it that suits you.
  • PRO
    A Crew of Two
    7 years ago
    I love all white bathrooms. Then just change out the towels/rug for the seasons. Choose whites that have some interest though so the bathroom does not read too flat.
    Mirror Lake Retreat · More Info
    Shelter Island Beach House · More Info
    Palo Alto Traditional · More Info
    SomerTile 11x11-in Quarry White Gloss Porcelain Mosaic Tile · More Info
    SomerTile Mini White Porcelain Mosaic Tile (Pack of 10) · More Info
    3-Light Polished Chrome Bathroom Vanity Light · More Info
    Mesh Two Light Bath Vanity in Polished Chrome · More Info
  • nuart
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    I tend to agree with going all white with items / accessories with colors. Gray sage coloured tiles for selected area is also a good idea. Thanks ... Keep the ideas coming...
More Discussions
Singapore
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.