lucy_houghton

Curtain Experts Please?!

Lucy Brown
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hey everyone,

I’m redecorating my parents bedroom for them in the coming weeks, and I’ve come across a curtain issue that I’m not sure how to resolve. I’m no curtain expert so I thought I would seek advice on here…

The ceiling above the curtains is rather slanted. There is also not much space due to the window frame to hang a pole. Currently they’re being hung from the ceiling. As a result the curtains hang uneven at the bottom.

My original plan was to ask the plasterer to try and even out the ceiling as much as possible, but I’m not sure to what extent he can do this and what effect it would have on the window frame?

I’ve attached pictures below so you can see, apologies if I’ve not explained this very well!

So, what's the best way to hang the curtains? Should I even the pole out at the top so that they fall even at the bottom, or will that just highlight the slanted ceiling more? Also, should I take the curtains further back on the left to reveal more of the window if possible, or shall I fill that space with something else?

Since it's approx a 182 drop, I was planning to get pre-made curtains and avoid paying more for custom made ones unnecessarily.

The whole room is being ripped out and redecorated so any suggestions are welcome and very appreciated.

Thanks

Lucy

Comments (6)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.