kaitlyn_kirk99

Help - What type of wood finish does our space need?

Kaitlyn Kirk
4 years ago

So we've recently completed a renovation where we really brightened up a 70s home and opened up the floor plan. We're now faced with finding furniture that fits in well. In some rooms (i.e. the master bed) we already have furniture and we are just rolling with it - but for most of the living/dining/kitchen area we will be getting new stuff.

What color/finish of furniture do you think would work well? The walls are SW Mild Blue, floors are a whitewashed wood look, cabinets are white and navy. I want to avoid overly weathered/gray furniture because it gives the space a REALLY "beach cottage" vibe & it gets a little monotone. I'm also not a huge fan of white furniture - we have a tricolor corgi and her black fur shows up the worst on white furniture. But furniture with a white base and wood finish top would be on the table (no pun intended). Also - ignore the furniture that's already in place.

Suggestions?

(Apologies for the pictures, we literally JUST "finished" haha)

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.