webuser_271823512

window treatment for the formal living room

Imma S
6 months ago

We are considering the different window treatment options for our formal living room. This room has northern exposure and we don’t really use this room too much. Most of the family activities actually take place in our family room which is right next to the kitchen and has a fire place. We are actually thinking of eventually convert this living room into a home office by adding some French doors.

This room has 1 big window and 2 small windows. I like the look of shutters but I think they might not be suitable for a room that don’t get a lot of natural sun light. I was initially thinking of drapes that go from ceiling to floor, but I don’t know if they will look good on the 2 small narrow windows.

Is it a bad idea to have shutters or blinds on the two small windows and drapes on the big window? Is it going to be weird to mix and match like that?

Thank you for all the advice.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.