rubypumps

I'd love to have a white kitchen, but how to prevent it from yellowing

rubypumps
10 years ago
I stay in the South-east Asia (very humid) and would love to have a white country kitchen.

The way they make kitchen cabinets in my country is to use white laminate(ABS trim) over solid plywood, then stick a layer of veneer wood trim and spray white paint over the wood trim.

Problem is, how do i prevent the wood trim from turning yellow? Laminates definitely won't turn yellow as fast as the spray paint.

I've seen a similar cabinet with yellowed trim, it's similar to this picture http://www.homeanddecor.com.sg/sites/default/files/imagecache/large/prof/2013/04/14961.jpg

I'm not gonna stick my wood trim in the middle of the laminated door though, I will have it run round the perimeter of the door, I'm wondering if the yellowing is gonna be more less obvious in my case or not?

Comment (1)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.