susu2014

Need help designing my living room!

susu2014
10 years ago
So I finally have my old Living room set gone and I'm looking to get an ikea set. I have a black/brown tv stand in the room already and it's kinda stuck on that wall due to the tv outlet. I have a high ceiling in my apartment and lots of sun light enters during the day so it's nice and bright. My carpet is sandy beige and walls are some sort of a light ivory shade --can't change the paint color.
It's a nice big -almost square- room however I have the sliding door on one wall and a the bedroom door near the other in the area separating the living room from the dining room area.

I was considering getting a grey sofa similar to the Stockholm dark grey sofa or maybe the karlstad light grey sofa. Maybe get a sofa and two accent chairs with funky cushions bs a nice rug. Please advice me on what you think might look good in this room. I had a brown sofa and a green/brown damask chair before so I'm trying to stay away from those colors, I need something fresh.

If you think I should get the light grey karlstad IKEA sofa with the ( beige legs), do you think it will look okay with the black/brown tv stand??? Or should I stick with something like the Stockholm sofa with dark legs to match the tv stand. Also having to like grey, what kind of table and side tables do you think would match any of these sets.

Your advice is appreciated :-)

Thank you so much!!

Comments (7)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.