natalie_mylnar

Need help with ugly home exterior

N Rochelle
10 years ago
We bought our house for everything but the curb appeal (we live in an expensive area, couldn't afford "cute" period houses). Therefore, we need some help making it less of an eye sore. It is late 1960's modern style, although the interior is remodeled in vintage industrial mixed with cottage. We are painting soon, and will go with a charcoal color and leave the deck as-is (weathered cedar). The orange you see in the picture will all be painted, too: I HATE warm colors (i.e. reds or oranges). So , my question is: ARE THERE ANY AFFORDABLE THINGS WE CAN DO TO "PIMP OUT" OUR HOUSE EXTERIOR? We can't afford a new driveway or new windows at this point, although I'd love black steel someday. Even though my style is not modern, I'm open to nearly any idea for the exterior. I realize that we can't make this house look "cottage-y" or coastal or vintage industrial. The architecture is very 60's modern, I get it :-) My husband is very good at DIY, I should also note. We built our kitchen from scratch pretty much.

Thank you!!! This is my first Houzz post :-)

Comments (30)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.