mikeismyname

Home Office Redo help!

Mike
9 years ago
I'm getting ready to redo my home office and would appreciate any idea, tips or inspiration.

The goal is clean, comfortable, and a bit of modern touch. This is right off our front entrance and we have dual glass doors to the office so everyone can see into the room. I plan on getting rid of all furniture you see and building a desk that would face the dual doors and have it in the middle of the room (a little toward the back corner) with a dark/black rug under it. In the short term I can use the black desk you see and run under it, until I have build a new one. The one I build will be similar in shape, but a distressed & stained wood. Unsure of the leg type yet.

I plan on keeping the wainscot white and would like some tone of grey above it. Light fixture can be replaced, hopefully with something that has a fan for the hot Arizona summers, yet provide good light and great appeal. The windows need curtains, not sure color or style and I wouldn't object to replacing the blinds. I'd like to keep the square family pictures.

Here are some pictures, some are panoramic to show more of the room.

Comments (20)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.