mishmashe

Decorator refused to wallpaper our room - please help

mishmashe
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
We're nearly finished with our bedroom - just need some fitted wardrobes installing which is booked in for June. Currently we have Laura Ashley wallpaper behind our bed which I love. The other walls are cream, but it just doesn't look right or finished and I'm definitely not going to leave them as they are.

I had a decorator round today to quote on papering the other walls in the same wallpaper. I know more than 1 wall being papered can be quite overwhelming and not to everyone's taste, but 1) it's quite a pale paper and 2) it's a large room, so I thought it would look okay. it would be on 3 walls as the 4th will be filled up with the fitted wardrobe. Anyway the decorator said it would look terrible and flat out refused to do it! He said it would be far too busy with everything else going on and that we should paint the other walls grey instead, but I'm afraid that would be a bit boring.

What do you guys think - would the same wallpaper on all the walls look awful? I've seen pictures of other rooms with this same wallpaper on more than 1 wall and I thought it looked beautiful (I'll attach pictures of this in the next post). If you'd prefer paint, what colour? Everything else is staying as it is all new.

Thanks

Comments (92)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.