hooverwoods

Kitchen Island change- dark kichen surfaces

hooverwoods
11 years ago
My kitchen has plenty of natural light. If flows to great large kitchen nook and a very bright family room. The cabinets do not have much contrast to the floors. The floors are a rich mahogany ( in great shape) and it looks like the cabinets are more cherry. The counter tops are dark. I have lived here 3 years and have done a lot of updates. The house is 18 years old but the cabinets are plentiful and like new and I have changed most of the appliances except the counter cook top.

My first idea to lighten the feel of the kitchen is to paint the island the same color as the cabinets in the family room or possible a light blue that is in the rug in the kitchen nook and to change just the island counter top only to some kind of light surface - granite or marble. Of course change out the stove top

The second would be to just change all the counter tops to a light color.

I would really appreciate all creative ideas on colors, counter tops or other changes that would help. I like an eclectic style with a modern touch to every room.

Comments (26)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.