dshiggins

Need help with an open kitchen and family room area

dshiggins
8 years ago

I took down the wall dividing the kitchen and family room some time ago and I do like the openness of the space. We aren't crowded around our kitchen table anymore. I did leave a small section of the wall on one side, about 12 inches, and the other side has large cupboards. but I still need more definition between the two rooms. There are false beams in the family room and I'm thinking there should be a beam across where the wall used to be between the rooms. Then I was thinking a narrow screen or half wall on each side that would add a little more to reduce the opening between the two rooms.

The picture gives you some idea. The wall at the end of the cupboards does line up with the wall on the other side of the opening. So perhaps someone has an idea of how to keep it open but add a little definition to the two rooms. Thanks so much.

Comments (3)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.