brandburnmedia

What to do with built-in entertainment center

brandburnmedia
8 years ago

Hey everyone,

Wanted to pick some people's creative brains to see what kind of ideas may come from this. I just purchased this home and they had large built-in entertainment center built into the wall in the main family room. Unfortunately it was made for an older tube TV and doesn't fit the flat screen TVs I'm looking at. The unit itself is nice and in very nice condition so my first hopeful idea is to modify the current design. Worse case, I remove it, but I'd prefer that to be the last option due to the patch up work then needed (carpet, walls, ceiling, paint, etc.). There is wiring already set for a TV (as you can see, that's a coax line coming from the wall), and the two furthest left/ride rectangles has speaker cable coming from it. I'm an audio nerd so I will eventually bring some hi-fi setup into this room but that's not important currently and is slated for the future.

I'm planning to put a 65" TV in this setup, 55" at the smallest. The entire length of this entertainment center is about (158 inches) and its height is about (95 inches). The center opening is about (40 inches) wide and about (31 inches) tall, and 50 inches diagonally.

I'm trying to avoid mounting the TV in the back of the opening and having it in-front of the entertainment center, I personally have never been a big fan of that, especially if the TV is large it can look a little off.

Photo attached of what this setup looks like, ignore the objects on it, just temporary moving storage :)

Comments (8)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.