deethie

Thoughts on 'wood-look' tiles?

Jen
8 years ago

We wanted a timber floor but are not that keen on the upkeep required and are a bit scared about the cost (30m2 + about 30m2 in conservatory). Finding estimated costs are difficult due to the vast range in quality in timber plus laying costs seem to be fairly elastic as well. We haven't received any quotes yet - that's next on the list.

But we thought we should look at other options. We have seen wood-look tiles in a display home and they were pretty impressive. The hard-wearing nature is also attractive. I want to have lots of plants in the conservatory and think tiles would be better.

Do people have opinions about this? I'm particularly keen to hear from people who have them in their house...thanks!

Any other flooring suggestions?

Comments (18)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.