clubnev

What is the trend with backsplashes

clubnev
7 years ago

I have a galley kitchen, doing white cabinets with granite. I have not picked out the granite but leaning towards something similar to those below.

The floors are going to be Happy Floors Neostile Silver which is the bottom picture with the tile on the left. I have a backsplash next to it. I won't decide on the backsplash until the everything is installed and the granite is finalized. Note that the grey in the backsplash is not as gray as the picture shows. It's more neutral in person.

My question is - what is the trend in backsplashes? Not that I want to be trendy but I keep reading how glass mosaics and bars are out, yet I see them for sale everywhere. I like the subway look but was hoping for something with a little more pop than that. But something neutral that won't compete with the granite. I don't want bubbles or circles or anything that is way out there. I am also not a fan of dark backsplashes, particularly in this kitchen because this kitchen will get no natural light. It will have plenty of light as we will have under the cabinet LED lighting and plenty on the ceiling.

I'd appreciate any thoughts. My style is transitional leaning modern with a coastal feel.

PS - the floor tile - I was considering the tile on the right but most the granites I picked are on the cooler color family. Also we have not ruled out quartz. I haven't found any that I really like. If we went with quartz, we would pick a plain one and then have a fancier backsplash.

Floors:

Comments (13)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.