leahlange

Bought a house with a bad layout

leahlange
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I have just signed the contract for a house with not the best layout. The issue has arisen from the owners filling the side veranda in. This has left the bathroom and a bedroom windows opening into another bedroom. I have proposed closing in both windows, and then having a windowless bathroom and bedroom. Not sure if there are some building regulations I need to be aware of before I close them in. I was then thinking of installing a good extraction fan in the bathroom, and the bedroom door opens into a hallway with a window- may get ventilation from there. Another idea is to move the walls for both small bedrooms (only single bed can fit in) to make them maybe a double hopefully and then the study in the middle with the bedroom window still opening into there.

This house is proposed to be a rental. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Comments (11)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.