dianamyers

Wanting to change things but I'm no good at decorating! HELP

DianaB
7 years ago

My husband insists on doing everything himself to save money AND because he doesn't trust others to do as good a job as he can. He has worked so hard on our home, and made major improvements but I'm so tired of the dark green/oak look! Part of the problem is that our cabinets, doors and trim are all oak and all the yellow/orange factor of all the wood is beginning to seem SO dated. I'm willing to but my husband doesn't want to paint any wood (big surprise, right?!). I would like to keep the work to a minimum for us both: I need advice on how to modernize: because I just want to blow it up and start over! As you can see from the family room photos, I am also trying to get a better solution for the tv being the elephant in the room! Is there anyone out there who thinks I should leave things as is (minus my clutter!)?

Comments (15)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.