portnoyf

Dish rack on a kitchen island??

Felix
6 years ago
I'm planning my new residential house and need an advice about sink placement... No, I'm not going to ask whether the sink should be placed in an island vs. wall, that topic has been hashed and rehashed many times... Instead, I want to know how you handle a dish rack on the island? In all of the beautiful photos of island sinks, they never show a dish rack! How do you dry your hand washed dishes without messing up the beautiful clean lines of the island??
Currently, we're planning to have 2 islands. The main sink island will have a raised edge to hide the dishes (we'll place a library behind it) and a second semi circle flat island with a small sink on the side. I'm not a fan of the raised edge solution because it reduces the work space... do you have other recommendations?

Thanks!!
Felix

Comments (13)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.