jessie_chua95

U-shape kitchen VS island kitchen

Daisy Yin
6 years ago

I have a narrow lot which i can't seem to find a u-shape kitchen floor plan. We are about to meet with out designer and my husband is not convinced that it is possible to have a u-shape kitchen in a narrow lot. He thinks it takes up too much space and we will have to sacrifice on the space in the living area. He also wants a walk-in pantry.

I also need more bench space as my cooking style requires me to have several appliance running at once (slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer and sometimes the kettle). I don't know how that will work in kitchens with islands.

1. does anyone have a u-shape kitchen and a walk in pantry in a narrow floor plan ?

2. i have a u-shape kitchen now and finds that kitchens with the sink on the island extremely non-functional for one who may need ample of bench space.

3. Is a butlers pantry a good idea

Comments (4)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.