reemanu

Help Designing Our Dining Room - Round or Rectangle?

Reemanu
6 years ago

We are ready to furnish our formal dining room and need a lot of design advice. Our home does have an eat in kitchen area so this room would be used to host bigger groups of people. We have two young kids and often host other young ones so we want this space to be kid (spill) friendly yet elegant enough to host an adults only meal from time to time. I am attaching measurements and photos of the space.

The first decision we want to make is if we should go with a round table vs. rectangular table. We really like the idea of a large round table, but not sure what size would work in our space while comfortably accommodating 8 adults (with the potential of pulling up 2 more chairs for a total of 10 people - less comfortably). Is that possible given the dimensions of our room? Should we just stick with a rectangle table?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.