famela

What style rugs will work best? what colours?

famela
2 years ago
I'm trying to find a new rug for my living room. What style and colour should I keep a lookout for? I've got 2 children + 1 toddler. Easy maintenance ranks pretty high.

And should I place my sofa along the length of the rug or along the width? Sofa is about 263cm and is about 4m away from the TV. should I get a 6x9 rug or a 9x12?

Comments (2)

• PRO
    SUGARBAKERS
    2 years ago

HI
    famela,

You have a beautiful home and you have lots of detail on your TV wall. Perhaps a light textured and washed look rug 2 x 3 m would be sufficient. If you have concerns about maintenance, look for a semi natural fabric mix rug.

Good luck.

• Veronica Ng
    last year

Hi there! first I would recommend placing your sofa along the length to elongate your room. Your rug should be large enough so at least the two front legs of your sofa go over it. For low maintenance consider something with a print that will hide stains. For eg in my dining room I have a kilim that can take spills. You could also consider an outdoor rug (which you can wash) or something in a low key fabric like sisal/ jute. The latter will be inexpensive if you need to replace it. If you think that looks plain you can layer a smaller print rug over it to add textures to your room. All the best!

Singapore
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.