historischhaus

Please vote!! Which kitchen floor should I got with?

5 years ago

Please help! I need to decide which kitchen floor to go with!

Here are my thoughts...I have a small kitchen (150 sq. feet), with lunar pearl countertops and hickory cabinets, both installed before I moved in. New stainless steel appliances are not installed yet.

The flooring really needs to be replaced and I've come up with two final choices.

1--Should I go with all black tile, either black granite or black glossy porcelain? This approach I feel would really tie in well with the lunar countertops.

OR

2--Should I go with a large rectangular black tile inlay with an oak floor bordering it? I have oak floors running throughout the main floor, so this 2nd approach would have two advantages.

A--It would bring the oak floor into the kitchen and would tie the main floor together.

B--It would break up the black tile, which I'm thinking might be too overpowering in such a small area.

What do you all think? Please vote!!

All Black Granite Tile
All Glossy Black Porcelain Tile
Oak Border with Black Granite Inlay
Oak Border with Black Porcelain Inlay

Comments (48)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.