webuser_629498936

Should I keep this design or remove/change it?

T S
20 April 2019
We’ve been blessed by having my grandmother gifting us a home that is currently still under construction. We managed to visit a finished house in the same exact design.

Below are photos of the ground floor plan & a photo I took of the finished house we visited. As you can see there are four pillars separating the living & dining area. Should we keep the design, completely remove it or install something else there?

Comments (5)

• Gary Sharp
    are they structural? thats the first thing you need to confirm
  • PRO
    Anton Onipchenko

My congratulations, I propose the project in four stages, on each of which I give an opportunity to make an unlimited number of corrections in the proposals that I have developed, as long as you absolutely will not satisfy everything!

Do not hesitate to sign up for my channel in youtube, there you will learn everything about the design, put the likes, to make a repost))

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHuY28ATRji4MMfQNC-aPdw

my page in the professional social network https://www.linkedin.com/in/anton-onipchenko-927296ab/ 

Thank you for your attention and the answer, I will be ready to discuss the work in more detail at the time convenient for you, in such a design, as you will be comfortable!

• T S
    They are not structural
  • John Lim
    Removed them if u think it serve no purpose other than impede building your dream home. It is your home now. Enjoy the way u like it. Have fun.

PS. Be careful removing might need replace floor “tile” so check before deciding.
  • PRO
    SUGARBAKERS

I would suggest include them into a storage unit and perhaps you could hang a TV on one side and storage on other side. Removing it will affect the flooring possibly (depending on how it was installed in the first place) Do contact us if we can help you any further with more design options. All the best

Singapore
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.