ttjl04

I keep ruining our new wood floors- help please

ttjl04
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi everyone - I messed up while trying to fix a dent caused my something falling off the counter. The floor company from last time left the stain they used and I was under the impression I could use it for repairs. Once I lightly went over the nick with it, I could tell right away the finish sheen was going to be an issue so I wiped it off and it left a shiny streak mark. What could that have been from? I did use a small amount of wood putty for the dent before, but I also wiped it off right away. I used a very, very small amount of goo gone and very, very tiny amount of paint thinner to try to get the shine off, thinking the paint Stain was just left on there and that’s what was causing it to be shiny. Nothing worked. Was it the stain that caused this? Finish is synteko satin and floor was just refinished a couple months prior.

P.S. It is so hard to keep wood floors looking nice!! I feel like they are so sensitive to every fall, scratch, etc :( very frustrating.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.