ed_findlay

Kitchen layout.. any advice to improve a first attempt?!

Ed Findlay
last year
last modified: last year

Trying to decide on a layout for a small new build kitchen, it is pretty small, but keen to include a fridge/freezer, microwave, oven, hob and slimline dishwasher, and have full access to the corner from a cupboard for full use of storage..

This is my first attempt, using Ikea kitchen planner - not that we're fixed on Ikea (Howdens actually has a better sized corner cupboard for our space) it was just the easiest planner to draw with..

The right handside is unusable, as will have a sliding door into a downstairs loo and the stairs / entrance to passageway going to sitting room etc - all very difficult to draw on the planner tool, but hopefully clearer on the layout below:

Would love any suggestions about anything - from the layout, to colours, handles, surfaces etc. We are on a budget, hence considering Ikea/Howdens. The floor will be large scale light grey porcelain tiles (ie https://www.caesar.it/en/collections-porcelain-tile/join/wing/). Many thanks!!

Comments (10)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.