deborahbw

Advice? One spouse is ready, the other feels they don't need any help!

A potential client would love for their home to be a place they can be proud of, one they love coming home to. They really want our assistance & have expressed that they realize an experienced designer can help them achieve a home that is both appealing to the eye and functional.

On the flip side, the other spouse feels they can continue to purchase home decor items on their own, mostly from the internet or discount stores. Their purchases do not consider all the criteria good designers consider, such as SIZE, SCALE, STYLE, SHAPE, DURABILITY, QUALITY, PRICE, FUNCTION, COLOR, NOT TRENDY, COMFORT, etc. --- We get the feeling this spouse either loves to shop - or - they'd like to be able to say they did it all on their own?

We really feel for the spouse who knows it's best to have an overall plan and feels they need guidance. Any communication ideas you can suggest?

Comments (7)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.