johannacosby

countertops too white for cabinets:(

johannacosby
4 years ago

Just got my countertops installed yesterday and they are way too white in comparison to my cabinets. I mulled over this decision for six months and I’m so upset that I chose the wrong color. I knew that it would be a shade lighter than my cabinets, but it had some ivory veining that I thought would complement one another well. Instead, when you walk in my kitchen it just looks like the counters and cabinets clash. Ivory cabinets, white counters. My walls, crown molding, and plantation shutters are all ivory, so I fear it’s not as simple as just painting my cabinets. What would you do? Just live with it, or...?
Backsplash is coming in today- subway tile same color as frosty carrina counters. Obviously I’m going for the all white kitchen, as this is my dream kitchen and just my taste:)

Comments (114)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.