dlmakepeace

Please help, living room layout advice - new start!

JesmondDene
4 years ago

Following a recent house renovation, we are about to replace the living room furniture.

Living room needs to provide maximum seating; perhaps corner sofas or chaise; perhaps occasional chairs.

Log burner is in the fireplace, so able to see the fire and sit around it.

TV is currently on a console table between the two windows. Partner is very precious about the TV and won't be keen to move wiring. ( sore point - he likes family to sit around the TV - I like to sit around the fire).

New kitchen has a dining table so this isn't needed in the living room.

Living room has new distressed oak flooring.

House is a modern, 'victorian' style townhouse. We like 'scandi/mid century styling but open to anything.

Like the coziness of the sofa attached.

Room has grey walls and paintwork.

Looking at the architects plans - I dont feel the furniture is to scale. We have a 3 seater sofa, sitting against the grey hatched wall - this sits into this space, with floor space left before the shorter wall runs out.

Comments (28)

Singapore
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.